Monday, November 3, 2008

Voted Cutest Scary Lion

Our local news station periodically asks viewers to send in photos for little contests and whatnot. Every now and then I have a good picture that fits into their category and I send it in. Last year it snowed during Thanksgiving and I got a great pic of Max with his snowman so I sent it in and Max was picked to be on the news as the spotlight kid (or something like that). I tried to find that picture to post but I couldn't. Sorry.
Anyway, last week the same station was asking for Halloween pictures. I emailed this picture of Max as a scary lion and he was selected as the cutest scary costume and got rated 5 stars. He was on the news again (and this time we were good parents and actually recorded it for posterity). He was also chosen as the Trick or Treat cover pic in the newspaper!! If you hurry you might be able to still see him at www.elpasotimes.com
It gets better. We went out to get pizza the other night and someone recognized him. He wasn't even in costume but the lady knew he was the cute lion kid from TV. Now we just have to teach him to write his name so he can sign autographs!
I know I'm acting like one of those obnoxious, braggy parents and some may say that Max gets chosen for stuff like this because he's a minority around here, but I don't care. He won and winning is all that matters!! Now I just have to figure out how I can make a profit out of this.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so cool...and what a good mommy to enter contests. I always think, "oh, we should do that", then don't!

Robin D said...

Yea for Max for being the cutest non-mexican kid on the block! lol
Good for you entering him in the contests and good for max being so dang cute to win! That's exciting and I'd be bragging too!
I love how someone even recognized him while you were out. You might want to look into a bodyguard...just a thought!

Holly said...

Max is a super cute kid; I would brag too. That is really funny that someone recognized him even without the costume.