Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stupid Monkey

Yesterday Max lost Curious George. I knew this would happen, but it was still quite annoying. He went to go take his afternoon nap and couldn't find George. He immediately collapsed into tears (he was tired and is always a little dramatic) and started sobbing "I need my George. Where's my George?" I told him he needed to go look for George because I didn't know where he was. Max's idea of looking for something is to follow me around crying because he can't find it.
I began searching the house and honestly couldn't find George anywhere. The sobbing was turning into bawling and wailing and I was quickly losing my patience. I said, "AAAARRRRGGGHHHH I can't find that stupid monkey anywhere." Max looked up at me with his cute little tear filled eyes and said, "Mommy, please find my stupid monkey."
I eventually found him in one of the drawers in Jeff's office. The reunion was quite touching. He sure loves that stupid monkey.

3 comments:

Robin D said...

Are you making this up?! j/k You always have the funniest things that little Max says it just cracks me up!
I LOVE the "Mommy, please find my stupid monkey." That was classic!

Jessica said...

he, he...stupid monkey. our lives are timed by george. at the 1/2 way point of the a.m. showing of c.g., brennan must go brush his teeth and hair so he is on time for school. after the 12 p.m. showing, it is jack's naptime. and finally, after the 5:30 showing of george, it is dinner and no more t.v. (the t.v. is not on all day, but does seem to be on when george is)

Jamie Hamilton said...

That's a good story. It's the worst when the children get hungry or tired and go into meltdown mode. Everything turns into high drama.