Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Wonder

I wonder sometimes, quite often actually, what motivates Max to do the things he does. For instance, what is he doing in this picture I took last week? Max was running around collecting what appeared to be random items from every room of the house. Then he would place them in the hallway. While it all appeared to be scattered and random, as I watched him do it, I could tell he knew exactly what he was doing. He would put something down, stand back and look at it and then slightly adjust it so it was just so. He seemed to have some sort of plan or idea in mind as he did this. He selected the specific papers he wanted to use, dug through the kitchen drawer to get just the right pot holder, and sifted through his box of toys to get the right ones.
In the end it looked like some kind of a stepping stone pathway, but to where and for what purpose, I guess we will never know. When I asked him what he was doing he just smiled at me and said, "I'm busy."
I wonder sometimes.

2 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

He and Allison are so much alike! I'm sure they would be great friends if they were able to hang out more often. I can't tell you how many times I hear, "I'm busy." They have their own little worlds they live in and they are indeed busy little bodies.

Holly said...

How funny. I love how George is hanging out in the middle of the carefully arranged items.