Sunday, November 16, 2008

Going Wireless

Zach is done with his IV antibiotics now and his system is clear of any infection and his WBC count is normal. They took the IV out this afternoon so now he is wireless!! We are very excited that we are almost done with all of this. The NICU staff has been beyond wonderful, but I really just want to get my baby boy home. We should find out something a little more definate about that tomorrow morning when I talk with the doctor. Zach's biliruben levels are a little high so he is getting phototherapy right now, but it shouldn't take too long to resolve that. Jeff and I were able to play with Zach a little better tonight since he wasn't connected to so much stuff. He was looking around a lot more and very wiggly and loves being able to use both hands. He was really acting like he felt good and he's been eating like a champ too so that is helping I'm sure. So we are one day closer to being done with all of this. I will let you all know what's next. Until then, here are some pictures to enjoy.










2 comments:

Robin D said...

He is just so cute and I love all of that hair! I'm getting so baby hungry...shhh don't tell Joe...not that he'd listen even if I told him!
I hope you get to bring little Zach home soon!

Holly said...

What a cute boy! I love the hair. I hope that y'all are able to get him home soon. I'm amazed that you got two posts in with all that is going on.