Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What am I suppose to do?

During a rather dramatic temper tantrum this morning (brought on by heaven only knows what), Max jammed that heck out of one of his fingers. I was trying hard to ignore him at the time so I have no idea what actually happened to it. But now his finger is purple and swollen and he cries when he moves it (unless he is playing) or thinks about it. It really does look kind of painful, but I am not feeling overly sympathetic. There is a part of me that feels bad b/c it's no fun to hurt and he is my little boy, but most of me is quietly thinking, "Well you absolutely deserved it. That's what happens when little boys throw fits for no reason at all and maybe you will learn something from this."
So I am torn. I feel that a lot lately with a little boy who's growing up so much so quickly. I guess that makes me a mom. Fortunately for him, Grandma is coming to visit this afternoon and he will have 10 days of all the sympathy and coddling a little boy could ask for.

Oh, I would post a pic of his hand, but that would remind him that it hurts and then the drama will continue.

2 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

It's so hard to tell with these little dramatic people when they are crying wolf and when they are serious. Allison walked around with a bloody finger for like 10 minutes one day before Joe or I figured out she had a cut. She's always making such a ruckus these days and not to mention, always has something sticky, yucky, colorful, etc. on her hands. I was cooking dinner and she had gotten her hands on an empty tomato sauce can and cut her finger on it.

Robin D said...

I think its totally normal to feel that way toward your screaming one minute, happy the next kids. I'm sad to see my kids growing up so fast but in reality I think I almost push them into it! Hope the finger gets better and you enjoy a break when grandma gets there!