Saturday, October 18, 2008

Blurbs of the Week

Walking past Jeff's office, I heard a tiny little voice singing. I stopped to listening because Max sounds so sweet when he does that. Then I realized that he was in the office by himself. I peeked my head in to see what he was up to and saw him digging through a knocked over trash can singing "I Am a Child of God." I asked him why he was playing in the trash can and he smiled at me and said "I'm from Texas, Mom."
Allrighty then.

Max has learned to love the word crap. (I'll give Jeff the credit for that.) Now everything is Holy Crap, Oh Crap, or my personal favorite, when he has a dirty diaper, "I smell like dog crap." Wonderful I know. Now instead of just Holy Crap, he inserts people's names like Holy Hannah, Holy Cobey, Holy Isaac. Yeah, he's a hit in the nursery at church. I will probably be apologizing for things he says for the rest of his life.

I was getting ready to leave the house this morning and Max said, "Mommy has to go to the doctor." I said yes (even though that's not really where I was going, I was just trying to get out of the house without too much discussion) and Max asked,"How's your blood pressure, Mommy?" He picks up on EVERYTHING!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Max is one funny kid. I had no idea that digging in the trash was a Texas thing.

Jamie Hamilton said...

That is one smart youngster. That was sweet of him to be concerned about your blood pressure : ).

Robin D said...

I always get the biggest kick reading your blog and all the funny things Max says. He's such a cutie. I saw your dad walking around with HOlly's little Eli and was thinking how he was getting ready for a new grandbaby to hold!

Jessica said...

max sounds like a funny kid...and poor boy, being from texas must really warp your mind.
at least it's just "crap" he says. (my kids have said it, too, b/c i say it so much) brennan said, "oh, hell" yesterday! ahh!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I am glad that I am not the only one who apologizes for what comes out of my child's mouth. They don't say cuss words, but the comments get a little embarrassing. And others understands them. I can not try to cover it up.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lori! I was going to call but it is getting late and I wasn't sure what time Max goes to bed. I hope you had a wonderful day! I love your blog by the way... Max is quite the comedian.