Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mardi Gras Mambo Anyone?

I live in the desert where nobody celebrates Mardi Gras. Actually I don't think many people around here have even heard of Mardi Gras. However over the past week I have been hearing the Mardi Gras Mambo song all over town. My neighbors were playing it the other night, I heard it in a store while I was shopping, and I've heard it at least twice on the radio.
Don't get me wrong. It's not a bad song or anything, but it's weird to hear it right now. It's Halloween time not Mardi Gras, it's the wrong season, and as pathetic as it might sound, it makes me a little home sick. All week I've been dying to take off my top, wear some plastic beads, and eat dried out cinnamon rolls covered in colored sugar crystals that are a beast to get out of the carpet.
Am I missing something or are these desert people as weird as I've always thought they were?

No comments: