Monday, August 31, 2009

What I've Been Up To

I've been taking cake decorating classes for the past eight weeks and this is my "final exam." I am quite impressed especially considering that until about 3 months ago I had never even turned a cake out of a pan. I was one of those who baked the cake, left it in the pan, and dumped a can of frosting on top (my mom's secret recipe!!). So after 16 hours of classes and ZERO practice time at home, this is how good I am now. Not too bad, huh? I can do 4 different borders including basketweave, 10 types of flowers, and 3 kinds of leaves. I was going to continue the classes but I am not going to have time the next few months, so I'll just stick with practicing what I have already learned. All in all, I had a really good time learning something new and having a bit of a creative outlet, but ultimately I'd still rather have a yummy cake over a pretty cake any day!!




3 comments:

Maxwells said...

Very nice!!! Did it taste good too?

Cathi said...

I took those classes about two years ago and loved them! It's so much fun to decorate cakes - and I don't have to pay anyone to do my kids' birthday cakes!

Jessica said...

Very cool! I stink at piping and stuff so I really need to take one of those classes!