Saturday, August 1, 2009

If I Can Do It...

Yesterday I donated blood. I have always found an excuse not to do it--mostly that it's gross and I hate needles, but it didn't turn out too bad after all. In fact I realized some great benefits of "sharing a piece of me" with someone else. Aside from the obvious, saving a life reason, I found some other compelling reasons to say "Why not."
First off, the blood drive was in the mall so it was convienently located. Secondly, you get cookies and juice while you wait AND after you are done. Third, when I tried to use the excuse that I had my kids with me so it was a bad time, the nice lady at the desk agreed to watch them for me. I could see them the whole time but did not have to "deal" with them for almost 30 minutes. Max helped people sign in and Zach charmed everyone within a 50 yard radius. Another benefit was that they fed my kids cookies and juice too. I saved money not having to buy lunch!! And then at the end I got lots of prizes--a coloring book, box of crayons, t-shirt, water bottle, dinner coupons and movie tickets.
So there you have it. A handful of reasons why giving blood wasn't so bad after all. As Max puts it "My momma don't gave (donate) her blood. I may even do it again sometime. If I can do it...can you?

No comments: