Saturday, August 8, 2009

the shopping goddess smiled down on me!

I had a rough week. My kids have been sick, my husband has been gone, my mom has been in the hospital, and we have had a few other unexpected disappointments to deal with as well. Then there are the little things like, breaking a bottle and stepping on glass, forgetting to put a razor away and having my 3 yr old find it--we've gone through a box of bandaid on that one, having the underwire of my bra pop and zing my pretty good, etc, etc, etc.
Anyway, that was not the point of this post. My point was that tonight I'd had enough and needed to get away. I used the excuse of needing to go bra shopping b/c I knew no one would want to join me. So I left Jeff with the boys and went out.
My true intention was to buy a bra, drive around for a bit, and then come home before bath time. Well the goddess of shopping had other plans!!
First off, the bras were buy one get one 1/2 off, so I had to get two. Then I found a sweater on sale--I know buying a sweater in the August desert sounds dumb, but it does cool off in a few months--anyway it was on sale 75% off and in my size and one of my fave colors! AND I found a dress that I love on sale for 55% off and the only one left was in my size. This never happens to me!! And if you know me, I'm a sucker for a sale. This was my night!!
So the short of it is that while I really had no need to go shopping at all, the fates aligned in such a way that it was my destiny. I followed it and was greatly rewarded. Goddess of shopping, wherever you reign, thank you for smiling my way tonight!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I wish the shopping goddess would come visit me...

Your boys are adorable!!

Jenn said...

I love it!
What happened to your mom, is she ok?

Lori O said...

she has some sort of infection that caused pnemonia and now she's in ICU. She is starting to do better so they are hoping to get her out of ICU in a few days. It's going to take her a while to get back on her feet though.