Monday, June 9, 2008

His Life is Hard Work

Max made his first trip to Bounce U today. For those of you unfamiliar with Bounce U, basically it is a big inflatable playland for kids. I was a little uncertain about spending money to bring Max to a place like this because in the past he has been absolutely terrified of anything inflatable. But being the "good" mom that I am, I forked over the big bucks (it's actually not too expensive) and dragged him in.
As I expected he immediately began crying and clinging to me like a baby monkey. I had to pry his little fingers open to get him detached from my head. After he watched his friends playing for a few minutes in the little bouncer, he decided that must not be too bad. He finally climbed in it and surprised himself at how much fun it was.
After he got comfortable with that, I decided it was time for him to try the slide. So we started all over with the crying and the monkey climb until he decided he could try the slide. Once again it was a hit.
This is how it went all afternoon; moving from one thing to the next crying and then laughing, over and over again. My only regret of the day is that I didn't bring my camera. I did get a picture of him after we got home. As you can see the bouncing really wore him out. I think I'll have a pretty decent amount of nap time today, so I'm going to finish this post and enjoy the peace and quiet!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love Bounce U, though I loved Bouncing Tigers in BR more :-) Maybe it's just the name I loved more.
Jackson is the same way...you have to convince him it is fun every time!