Thursday, June 5, 2008

Had a Bad Day

Yesterday was not a good day. I was going to post pics of my bad day, but the camera has dead batteries (another thing to add to my list). What list you say....here you go.
1. Woke up at 4 A.M. and couldn't go back to sleep.
2. Found a dead rodent of some sort my my doorstep. Simon the cat needs to stop bringing presents.
3. Dog ate Max's $20 floaty swimsuit thingy. Can't go swimming again till we get a new one.
4. Max refused a nap and screamed for nearly an hour instead.
5. Max cried hard enough to make himself puke, one of his special talents. He chose to do this all over MY bed instead of his. Comforter will need specialized cleaning.
6. Pool sprung a leak and filled the sandbox with water. Backyard is now quite soggy. Need to by duct tape.
7. Lost my shoe AGAIN.
8. Oh and did I mention that Jeff is in Atlanta this week and there is no hope of my getting relief till Friday.
That's my list. Jeff did call last night and claimed to have had as bad of a day as I did, something about getting lost and being late and sitting through boring meetings and having to eat at a fancy restaurant or something. I told him when his bad days involved dead rats, vomit, and duct tape, he could talk to me about bad days!

3 comments:

Maxwells said...

When it rains it pours! Got to hate how life works sometimes.

Jamie Hamilton said...

I'm with you, "dead rat/vomit" vs. "boring meeting/fancy restaurant." Not even close! I think we've all had those days. Just today, we had a bloody skinned-up knee and a lick of weed and feed off the hand (poison control said it's ok, though). I never dreamed that being a mother to a toddler could be so "interesting."

The Awesome Rawsons said...

What makes them decide that one day they'll go down for a nap like its their favorite thing in the world to do, and then the next like its the worst thing you could ever inflict upon them? Yesterday I had to WAKE Sadie from her nap and today she fought me for an hour and 40 minutes before I gave in and let her loose.