Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winter Wonderland -- In the Desert!!

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!! It snows here in the desert about once a year. It's usually sometime around Thanksgiving and it usually signifies the last bit of precipitation until April. I love the snow for a weekend, but I'd never want to live where it snowed 6 months a year. Max thought the snow was great and kept saying, "As soon as it warms up, I'm gonna play in the snow!" Too bad it doesn't work that way!!
So here are some pics from the last two days. I would have posted eariler, but in the words of an old country song, "I was too busy being in love!"

Here is our backyard. I think we probably got about 3-4 inches in the grass and maybe an inch or so on the rocks. For those of you unfamiliar with desert living, 3/4 of our landscaping is rock and our little patch of grass is about the size of my living room/kitchen.


Here are the boys all dressed up to go in the snow. B/c I'm cheap and it only gets cold 5 days a year, the boys don't have winter coats. We dress in layers and use socks for gloves!!


Zach loved the snow. He didn't mind being cold at all and has spent the last two days either outside or looking out the window with puppy dog eyes, saying "Out! Out!"


Max enjoyed the snow for a little bit. He's actually happy in this pic even he doesn't look it. He gets cold really easily b/c he has literally no body fat to keep him warm. The rest of us sure don't have that problem!! He was very excited to build a snoman with his Daddy too. I will put those pics up soon.


Well it's finally beginning to feel like Christmas (although I'm sure it will warm up again before the 25th). There is something magical about snow. Max said, "Mom where is Santa?" and I reminded him that was still a few weeks away and he said, "But look it's Christmas outside!" They must just know!!

No comments: