Monday, December 7, 2009

Tis the season to be crafty

Admit it--this time of year brings out the crafty side of all of us. Whether it's decorating, baking, sewing, or something else, Christmastime brings out the urge to make something homemade in all of us. I, too, get caught up in the fever of Christmas crafting. I am not very good at most of these types of things but I feel it is something that must be done.
I sat down with the boys on Friday and helped them make some Christmas ornaments. I would have posted pictures but they are for Paw Paw, Grandma Mouse, and Nana and I'd hate to ruin the surprise! We also made a Santa Countdown and painted a nativity.
I also made my contribution to the homemade gift category. Here are some pics of princess bags I made for my little nieces and then I stuffed them with all sorts of princess paraphernalia. I have to admit it was fun doing girly pink and purple sparkly stuff for a change. Max wants a princess bag too but Jeff said no!

And stay tuned for more Christmas craftiness! There are plans for Reindeer cupcakes, more ornaments and decorations, Christmas candies and yummy yummies! Note I said PLANS FOR, so we shall see. However, I think my biggest challenge this year will definitely be keeping Zach from climbing to the top of the tree!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i want to see reindeer cupcakes!

Lori O said...

they are really cute--you use upside down Teddy Grahams for antlers, red gumball or gumdrop for the nose and upside down choc chips for eyes; i think i'm making them for max's school party. i'll post pics!

Townsend said...

I going to make reindeer cupcakes too!!!
the girl will love it.