Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Path of Destruction

When I married Jeff, I was warned to watch out because he liked to experiment, build, explore, deconstruct, and create all sorts of stuff. After nearly six years of marriage I have gotten pretty use to the ongoing projects and unfinished hobbies all over the place. What I haven't gotten use to is the fact he has passed these traits on to my boys. Max has definately entered the discovery part of his life and my house is paying for it. Nothing is safe anymore! In the past two weeks he has...
1. Ripped a giant hole in my couch in the attempt to "fix" a tiny hole.
2. Discovered matches but can't quite figure out how to "make the fire come out."
3. Took apart our best flashlight (and I mean completely apart--into about 30 pieces).
4. Dismantled Zach's baby monitor to "see where the noise keeps coming from."
5. Planted Easter eggs in our garden so that we could grow some jellybeans ( I thought that one was cute).
6. Pulled up and replanted our flowers because he ran out of other stuff to plant.
7. Discovered that things on the stove really are hot like Mommy has always told him.
8. And thanks to Sid the Science Kid, tied Zach up in a jump rope so he could "pulley" him up the "inclined plane" (the backyard slide). Don't worry I didn't let that completely happen the way he had planned.

So this is what it's like to have Orwin boys. I only have three so far (Jeff included) and the little one can't do much. I don't know how my MIL did it with 6 of them and kept her house from falling down!

1 comment:

DaNise said...

Your MIL lives for these stories and loves you for loving her boys in spite of it all. You are amazing.