Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Three Strikes, I Quit

I love my boys and I KNOW they love me, but sometime men (even at a VERY young age) can be insensitive. I guess its a "Y" thing. Let me explain.
First, Zach now laughs out loud. This is a wonderful thing. However, the first time he laughed out loud was as he was watching me get into the shower. I suppose something that he observed struck him as the funniest thing he'd seen in his short life. I'll cut him some slack b/c he's young and I haven't had much time to train him yet.
Second, while I was complaining the other day that I didn't look nearly as good at that moment as I had the day before when I'd gotten all dolled up for a night out, my DH boosted my self confidence one more notch by saying, "Oh don't worry about it. You always look exactly the same!" Thanks babe.
And finally, this morning while I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day Max came in to see what I was doing. He saw my deodorant and asked what it was for. I told him it was to make Mommy smell nice. He said, " You smell good, Mom. You smell like a cow."
So three strikes I quit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up. Every now and then one of them will surprise you.

Jamie Hamilton said...

"You smell like a cow" - that's hilarious! Thanks for sharing that. The funnies part is that he says you smell good and then you smell like a cow. As if cows smell good and he was simply paying a compliment. Priceless.

Robin D said...

Not to be 'insensitive' but that was hillarious! I also love the fact that he thinks you smell like a cow...has he ever even seen a cow to know how they smell? And just as a little pick me up I never remember you smelling too bad growing up. :)

Holly said...

That was super funny.I was also thinking about the fact that Max said that you smelled good then said that you smell like a cow. All along I thought that cows smelled bad, I'm glad we got that straightened out.