Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You Had NO Right!

Dear PBS,
I have been a fan of your programming for some time now and I am grateful for the somewhat educational viewing opportunities you have provided for my now 2 1/2 year old son. However, yesterday morning both he and I were shocked and near devastated to discover you have once again changed your morning lineup without warning.
As a stay-at-home mother of a toddler and an infant I rely on a schedule which now because of your lack of consideration I must throw out the window. Elmo's World has been my rock since before the birth of my second child. It has allowed me to participate in morning sickness without interruption, take a shower without worrying where my kid has wandered, and sit down to breathe every once in a while. And with the addition of Dragon Tales to my son's Top Ten List I can get an extra half hour of random chaos handled.
Some may judge me for depending on children's programming to make it through the day but with a husband who works out of the country 75% of the time and no family close by I do whatever works to get through the day. PBS programming ensures that my family and my home are cleaned every so often.
So I ask of you, please if you must change your scheduling for whatever reason, give us moms a fair warning so we can make needed preparations. And thank you again for raising my children for me.
A Faithful Following,
Lori O and the boys

2 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

Amen to that Lori. I don't think we'd have clean clothes to wear or dishes to eat off of if it weren't for PBS kids. I don't have a husband that works out of the country a lot but I still rely on that semi-educational programming.

Robin D said...

No decent mother could actually raise her child WITHOUT a little TV here and there! I hope you actually sent this letter to PBS...I'm sure they'd love to hear from you!