Friday, December 5, 2008

I told you so

Zach is an easy going, very relaxed baby. He doesn't demand much (only food ALL the time) and is usually pretty happy. He is however the hardest baby when it comes to changing his diaper. I worked at a daycare center for five years and have changed thousands of diapers and I consider myself pretty much an expert. And over the past two years, Max has never been a problem either. I'm organized, efficient, and very fast. Then the good Lord sent me Zachary.
I was complaining to my mom about how difficult he was to get changed and she was just laughing at me. She told me that he couldn't possible be that hard and I just needed to get a little better at it. I told her okay, take your turn!
She very confidently accepted the challenge and took Zach into his room to change him. I followed right behind her to watch b/c I knew what she was in for.
WARNING: BODY PARTS AND FUNCTIONS TO FOLLOW!!!

So she took off his diaper (and was rather cocky about it) and he immediately began pooping all over the changing table. I began laughing and she let out an "Oh my" and grabbed a wipe to clean it up. As she did this he let a fountain of pee loose all over her and the wall. By this point I was crying for laughing so hard. I went to get her a rag to clean up and when I came back she still had not gotten his diaper on and he was sending up another stream of pee into the air. I missed most of what happened after that because I was rolling on the floor laughing so hard. She however did not find any of it funny and she might have been a little embarrassed, much like she will be when she reads this post!
At the end of it, I think it took a towel, half a box of wipes, three diapers and a change of clothes for both grandma and baby to get the job done. All I can say is "I told you so!!"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

somehow some of ethan's poop wound up on the CEILING the other day! no idea how it shot UP there, but it did...so don't feel bad. we've all been there.
and what a good baby zach is for not being good for grandma.

Robin D said...

I wish I would have read this entry before talking to your mom...I would have given her a hard time about it! Lol