Monday, December 22, 2008

Branch Christmas Party

So last weekend was our Church Christmas Party. Because people here either hate me or think I am SuperWoman, I was put in charge of it. Yes, me with a toddler and a newborn. Grand idea I thought. Well I learned to delegate quite a bit and it turned out okay. I'm just glad that it is over.
One of the elements of the Party was a Christmas Program put on by the Primary. I delegated as best as I could and ended up only having to write the script, do the scenery and the costumes. I must not do this delegating thing right. Anyway, b/c I can't sew even a button, all the costumes were from pillowcases and construction paper.
The program was a musical presentation of the nativity. I have never seen a rendition of the Christmas story when the donkey steals all the Wise Men gifts and runs out with baby Jesus, but yes that is what happened in my little play. Max was the donkey!
It was embarrassing, hilarious, and quite memorable. I was watching from the sidelines so I couldn't get any pictures, but some of my friends did. When I get some pics I will certainly post them.
I refuse to be in charge again next year!

1 comment:

The Grovers said...

Max is a character! I love it! I still think you should have sent both of your boys home with Nana. Maybe next time :).