Monday, March 1, 2010

Another Question for the Week

Why, oh, why does cute little Zakky ALWAYS wait until I sit down to eat to decide it is time to poop??? And he's not subtle about it either. Oh no, he comes right over to me turns bright red and starts grunting. What about me eating brings on his urge to have a bowel moment? Really? It happens at any time of the day, no matter what I'm eating or what/when he ate. No common denominator except that Mommy sat down with food.

So day after day, meal after meal, I am constantly facing the same dilemma. Do I get up and change him right away, risking the possibility that I will lose my appetite in the process, not to mention letting my food get cold while I do it? OR do I let him wait until I am done? And yes, he stands right next to me reeking of his completed "business" and whining because, well, something smells pretty awful.

So this is one of those tough decisions I face daily as a SAHM. Sometimes I choose to address the issue immediately while other times I just let it linger. But I always wonder WHY.

2 comments:

Robin D said...

I think you should give eating in the bathroom a try....I mean you know he's going to poop so why not sit on the side of the tub to eat and set Zach down on the potty. Just make sure to have the fart fan on for ventilation and there you have it the best of both worlds! You get to eat your food while its still warm, no loss of appetite b/c there's nothing to clean and as an added bonus your little man is potty trained! Sounds like there's no decision left to make if you ask me, it's all set!! :)

Jessica said...

That stinks...and I think Robin has a great idea...eat in the bathroom :) Potty training might be easier then you think.