Sunday, January 25, 2009

Goose Eggs and the Ice Cream Truck

Max was trying to be a bigger kid than he is a McDonalds the other day and attempted to jump down some steps in the playland like his 4 and 5 yr old playmates. Well needless to say it didn't work out real well and he landed on his face. Notice the goose egg knot on his head in the picture below. When I asked him how it happened he said, "It was just too far Mom, like California"!
So after I told him I would get him some icecream so he'd feel better. Well, I forgot. Then I told him we'd get some in the drive thru window on the way out. Well, I forgot again. When we got home the ice cream truck was circling the block so I said I get him a treat then. Well he stood in the driveway and the truck just zoomed past him. I thought he would cry, but then he told me, "Oh well, we can get a treat from the yellow one." Evidently my neighborhood has two trucks and my two year old knows it and can identify them.Max went inside and waited by the window for the other truck and sure enough about half an hour later a yellow ice cream truck came around the corner. He picked out a chocolate ice cream cone for $1.25! I felt guilty so I let him indulge. No matter that I could buy a box of them from the store for about $3.00. Well he ate the whole thing himself and didn't even offer to share. I guess weare even now!

1 comment:

Robin D said...

This kid seem so funny. I know your way sleep deprived but at least you can get a good laugh out of little Max.
Also I like Zack the best for spelling his name. But its your kid so who cares what the rest of us say right?? :)