Monday, August 25, 2008

Singing in the Choir

Max is quite the singer at church. Actually he's more into the revival thing with the singing, chanting, swaying, and hand clapping, but anyway, he likes church. Sometimes he gets a little carried away in the spirit of it all.
Example: Yesterday during church I let him sit with his friend Anita so Jeff and I could relax a little. Anita is sort of his psuedo-grandma who brings him treats and thinks he's the cutest thing ever. So he was sitting with her (one row from us) and singing happily to the opening hymn...only he never stopped. After the opening hymn was over (and the prayer was being said) he continued singing, and not quitely. I couldn't quite tell what he was singing until right after the Amen, everyone hears "OUCH! IT STUNG ME!!" Evidently he was practicing the Bumble
Bee song.
Several people around him kind of giggled a little while I turned red and wanted to crawl under the pew. This only encouraged him and he immediately went into a verse of "The Old Gray Mare Aint What She Use To Be." Needless to say by the end of the meeting he had much more of an audience than the assigned speakers.
By the way, most of the people laughed at my constant apologies and told me to be thankful that he's so cute and charming and that I should just enjoy it while it lasts. These are all people that are either too old to remember having a toddler or just glad it wasn't there kid.
Max has been official invited into the ward choir too.

2 comments:

Robin D said...

That's so cute! You should start teaching him all of your primary songs so he can sing as loud as he wants when your primary program rolls around. What a cutie! So hows your pregnancy going? Hope all is well!

Lori O said...

Pregnancy is going alright. Not as sick as I was but still not quite myself. I have another ultrasound in a few weeks to make sure everything is ok.