Saturday, May 10, 2008

Who's Your Daddy?


As you all know, Max is very much a daddy's boy. This works out rather well for me most of the time. However, when Jeff is not around, we all must face the consequences. Jeff spent this past week in Guatamala for work and left me at home with a heartbroken little boy. All week, whenever something happened that Mr. Max didn't like, he would throw himself on the ground and scream "I NEED MY DADDY! I MISS MY DADDY! I WANT MY DADDY! or WHERE'S MY DADDY?" Great stuff.

I got to hear this at least 5 or 500 times a day depending on the amount of drama needed in any given situation. My response was always the same, "Yes, Max, we miss Daddy, but he has to be at work right now. But we still have to..." (wear our clothes, go to bed, not stand on the table, eat something besides jellybeans for breakfast, etc) You get the point. Max would eventually calm down and say "Yeah, Daddy at work." Well I thought my troubles would get a break this weekend when Jeff finally came home. I was terribly wrong.

That is still Max's tantrum of choice. For example, this morning Max was mad because he wanted to play with scissors and being the Mean Mommy that I am, I told him no. He began screaming about Daddy and I calmly pointed out that Daddy was sitting right next to him. He stopped crying, looked right at Jeff and said, "No, Daddy at work!" I had to laugh.

Later today, Max kept trying to run into the street (another new game we play) and Jeff grabbed him and told him to stay out of the street. Again the tantrum began. I wonder what the neighbors were thinking when they see my little boy screaming at my husband, "Go away, I need my daddy."
Hate to break it to you son, but he IS your Daddy. I would know. Besides you boys look too much alike not to be related!!

No comments: