Thursday, May 22, 2008

All Hail to the Honeybun


I try not to blog about my pregnancy because it's not exactly fun and entertaining, but today I must give thanks where thanks is due. As many of you know I am not very good at being pregnant and as excited I am about a new baby I am also sure that there has to be an easier way to get one.

So anyway, after three months of trying to find something that this little one will let me eat, I have found it---the honeybun. I've never been a big fan of honeybuns myself, but Jeff came home with a couple of packs of honeybuns (I assume for him, but oh well) and I helped myself to one. Now this was a very risky move on my part because I can't stand sweet things when I am pregnant. However, this indulgence paid off because the honeybun is now on my list )my very short list) of things I can eat that don't make me sick. I eat at least one honeybun a day now.

I was a little concerned that it may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but Jeff thinks that if I can keep anything at all down it can't be a bad thing. And since I've lost 15 pounds in the 1st trimester I figure I can afford a honeybun or two.

So thank you Mr. Honeybun Maker where ever you are. I love you!!

2 comments:

Robin D said...

Goodness that's rough! Who wouldn't mind loosing 15 pounds but after the baby not before!
I'm glad you found something to add to your list and hopefully your 2nd trimester will go much smoother!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

Oh sweetie, I sympathize. I feel like total crap until about week 20 in my pregnancies. Then I have a good 4 weeks before going back to feeling like crap. I always tell people that getting pregnant is the best diet I could go on, yet the only time I actually wish I could gain weight instead of lose it! Oh, the irony Heavenly Father dishes us sometimes.