Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dads are great

Dads are so much cooler than Moms. Only a Dad would wait until after baths are done, after teeth are brushed, and 30 minutes after bedtime was suppose to happen to break out the Otter Pops. BLUE and PURPLE Otter Pops at that. Dads would think this is a great treat to share with a two-year-old on a white sofa in a room that has nearly new carpet. Dads would never see a problem with this at all.
Moms, on the other hand, forbid sweets after teeth are brushed, strictly enforce bedtimes, and cringe at the very idea that there is a remote possibility something might stain the pretty new carpet.
Where Dads see an innocent bedtime snack, Moms grit their teeth over sticky, sugary, PURPLE AND BLUE stains. This is why Dads will always be way cooler than Moms--just ask my kid!!
(In slight defense of my husband, nothing was dripped on anything and no stains where created. BUT the potential was still there!)

5 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

I used to love otter pops when I was a kid. And my dad was probably the one who gave them to me, too.

jennifer said...

i love your blog it's fun to read!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

where do I know you from? Your husband looks very familiar. I'll need to scroll down and see if I can find a pic of you. Your blog is hilarious. I love reading your posts.

The Awesome Rawsons said...

okay, so i scrolled down and no pictures of you. my husband thinks your husband is someone we know from the 4th ward in baton rouge. what do you think?

Holly said...

I was just about to leave a comment about how much i loved otter pops as a kid, and i see that jamie already did. It would be kind of lame if we had the same comment, so I'll comment on the dad thing instead. Joel isn't too bad about stuff like that, but my dad is the worst. My dad thinks that he needs to give Kailey and Allison everything that they want and let them doing anything that they want, because it won't be as much fun if he tells them no. Guess who Kailey always prays for when we let her bless the food or say prayers? Everytime that he comes over, she squeals and runs to him; I never get that kind of reception.