Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Poop Fairy?!?

Max has been somewhat potty trained for a little more than a month now. I say "somewhat" because he still can't make it through the night and he hates pooping in the potty. He wears a pull-up at night to handle that issue, which I'm fine with for the time being. However, the pooping thing is getting ridiculous. He started out just simply refusing to poop at all. Well nature only lets that go for so long. Then he would wait until he had his pull-up on b/c he didn't want to poop in his underwear. Well eventually he got over all of that and was just pooping in his underwear and taking it off and leaving it for someone else to clean up. How lovely!
Well Grandma Nana (Jeff's mom) was here this past week and found a solution to our problem. She told him that if he pooped in the potty she would give him money to buy a treat. Well, he promptly pooped in the toliet and showed me the $3.00 she gave him. $3.00!!!
Jeff said whatever it costs for him never to clean up poop again was worth it. I told her it was too much and I didn't want to go back to work so I could pay for my kid's poop. So the next day she only gave him $1.00. Still I think this is a bit much. What do we do when the kid starts losing teeth? Besides why should the kid get paid for something everyone else gladly does for free? But then again, it's only $365 a year. Twenty years from now we could use his poop money to help pay for his mission. Hmmmmm

5 comments:

Maxwells said...

When Benjamin first started going potty he wold hold poop in. Then he was crying in pain about his belly, brought him in got an xray, just gas. I don't know why he wouldnt just poop on the potty! We bought Annie a bike to go poop in the potty. Well after she did it once, then told her she would lose it if she pooped in her underwear or pull up. And that worked for her. But now benjamin just did it 2 days in a row so we were going to go buy his bike and then las night he comes downstairs saying, but I dont want a bike. WEll of course ou know what that means. So I give up!

Jamie Hamilton said...

Won't that make for an awesome story one day.
"Elder, how did you earn and save the money for your mission?"
"Why pooping, of course."

Anonymous said...

I thought Ang was totally done then she changed her mind. Elayna wanted a dress up. Maybe I need to buy another dress. I don't think that will work for Max. Shoes? George? Good Luck.

Holly said...

Lucky for us, Kailey was bribed more easily. All it took for her was candy for pooping in the toilet. We started with pieces of chocolate, then she stopped napping. Finally I realized that the little bit of caffeine in the chocolate was keeping her up. Joel and I both are awake for hours if we have caffeine at night, so it was no wonder. We changed to peppermints after that, strangely enough she liked those even better than the chocolate. You might try his favorite candy, worked for us.

Townsend said...

Liah was not easy, She would want til nap time and poop. time goings on and they will get it!!!!!
Liah 3 1/2 the smart one take longer.