Friday, September 24, 2010

Muffin Girl Reveals Her Secrets

I love pumpkins, i love crunchy leaves, i love cool weather, i love scarecrows, i love anything to do with autumn!! I needed to make a treat for a church event on the 1st day of fall and because fall hasn't quite made it to east Texas, I decided to make a fall treat as a request to the goddess of autumn to head our way.
I made Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting and they were awesome. In fact, so many people have asked for the recipe, I have decided to post it here. I could be making millions off this, but instead I am sharing it with the people. I am generous!!
Here you have it:
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
1tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 c canned pumpkin
1/2 c applesauce
1 c fat free yogurt
4 egg whites
1 egg
3/4 c water
I know...a lot of ingredients, but the rest is pretty easy. Mix the dry ingredients together and the wet ingredients together (except the water). Then add the dry to the wet and slowly add water. Bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes (use toothpick test). Makes about 3 dozen muffins.
The icing needs to be tweeked a little I think, but I just combined 8 oz of cream cheese, 3/4 c shortening (I will try butter next time), 3 c powdered sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla. Adding a few tablespoons of water helps adjust the texture if needed. After I frosted the muffins I dusted them with cinnamon which I think made all the difference.
So there you have it. My top secret muffin recipe that I used as an attempt at making friends in our new neigborhood....and it seems to have at least gotten me noticed!!

3 comments:

Maxwells said...

I would love fall too if I lived in TX! Up here it just depresses me bc I know winter is next :(
I have a friend moving to Houston. I know it's a big city, but that would be do cool if you end up in the same ward!

Jessica said...

I am saving that for next time. I bought a caramel apple cheese ball mix for tomorrow nights "post broadcast party" at my friend's house, plus fresh picked apples.

The Grovers said...

The recipe sounds sooooooooo yummy! I'm going to give it a try.