Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Had A Dream...

Those of you who know me well, know that I very regularly have vivid dreams that I remember in the morning. I always have. Many of them are crude and violent in nature and they get worse when I am pregnant. I've dream everything from having my children repossessed by the hospital to giant green dogs swimming in my pool to my dad being a soldier in the Civil War.
Well last night I had a dream. It wasn't intense or vile but I woke up feeling as though I'd been crying all night. And this dream was about my mother-in-law, someone I don't recall ever having dreamed about. Anyway, the dream...
It was basically centered around the fact that my MIL recieved revelation from God that I was not supposed to be married to her son and we needed to divorce immediately. And the kicker was that I was in fact suppose to be married to my brother-in-law (my husband's sister's husband). No one in the dream seemed to think this was a good idea but it was understood that it must be done. Even Jeff, who seemed quite upset with me, agreed that it needed to happen but he refused to go to the wedding with me. I remember begging my MIL to find another way b/c I wanted to be an Orwin and she continually repeated that it wasn't meant to be.
So I wonder what this all means. Do dreams really mean anything or are they just what our minds do when we are sleeping? I think I have a very good relationship with my MIL and I can't imagine her wanting me out of the family. And I'd like to think Jeff wouldn't divorce me just b/c his mom said so. And I in no way have ever thought about trying to hook up with my SIL's husband--he's a great guy, but great for her not me.
Also am I the only one with Lifetime Movie quality dreams or is this a common secret of most?

2 comments:

The Grovers said...

I about died from laughter while reading this. How funny! It's so crazy what our minds can come up with while we are sleeping. Maybe you should look this one up in a dream book just to see what it says. Hehe! Thanks for sharing.

KT said...

So maybe there was something in the sacrament water in the chapel growing up b/c I have seriously vivid dreams too. Like I was put up for adoption and adopted by OJ Simpson. I frequently wake up feeling like I have had an affair because I get emotionally attached to some other unknown guy in a dream. Or there is the kicker that I never got married in the first place. The scariest was the one where I dreamt that Ryan died on my 21st birthday thereby freeing me up to serve a mission-until I look down and realize I am pregnant. DANG!
So I think that dreams are just our brain's way of taking a vacation. Often I think books and other media have a great influence on our dreams. (I have had some weird ones with the radio alarm influencing my dreams.)
You're NOT crazy- much.