Monday, July 14, 2008

What does that spell?

Max likes letters and spelling. Even as a tiny baby I could spell his name and it would make him giggle. Strange, I know. Well now that he is getting older, he likes to spell things too. He can spell his name and a few weeks ago he started spelling Mommy too. (I know he's just repeating what I'm saying and doesn't understand the phonics yet, but that's not the point.) Anyway, Jeff was a little jealous that I taught him to spell Mommy and not Daddy, so I tried to even things out. It didn't quite turn out the way Jeff expected.
If you ask him to spell, Max will say "M-A-X-W-E-L-L Maxwell, M-O-M-M-M-Y Mommy, D-O-D-O Daddy!" I promise I didn't teach him that; you can't make this stuff up!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ha...that is so funny. spelling can be a dangerous tool in the mouths of babes...i know.

Townsend said...

I love reading you storys