Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Shouldn't Be Proud...But I Am


Ok, so I know I am out of the running for Mother of the Year already and today was another example of why. As some of you know, Max is a pretty passive kid and I often get frustrated when he just lets other kids push him around. I know it's just part of his personality and I'd rather have a passive kid than a bully, but the Mama Bear comes out in me when bigger kids run over him.
Well today I got the chance to be the mother of a bully and I loved it (secretly of course). Max was playing with another little boy who usually bullies him, but today Max did the pushing. Everytime I turned around Max was knocking his little friend over, yelling at him, taking things away, you name it. I thought it was great. In fact I caught myself laughing a time or two and was very tempted to give him some High Fives over it.
I do have to mention that the little boy is 8 months younger than Max, but he's 5 pounds heavier and 2 inches taller (Max is a shrimp) so I think it evens things out.
Now as I said in the beginning, I don't want Max to become a fighter, but I sure was glad to see him start sticking up for himself. So watch out world, my little guy can be pretty scrappy when he wants to be.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

brennan is like that and sometimes i just want to say, "hit him back" or "take his toy" whatever it is to make him defend himself.

Erika said...

Go Max! BTW, I'm gonna get to your blog real soon, things are just kinda hectic right now.

Robin D said...

Yea you started a blog! I'm so excited to see the updates of your little, bully Max! It was great seeing you too I just wish I would of taken some pictures of us and all of our kiddies.
I don't blame you for being proud of Max. Its nice to see him take a stand. Unfortunatley I think my kids fall more under the 'bully' title so I like it when a little Max comes along and finally puts them in their place! They need to learn they can't do whatever they want but they don't always seem to listen to mom.
By the way I absoutley loved reading about Max's first prayer. That was soooo cute! Well sorry for the looonnng comment but keep the blogs coming!

Holly said...

Max seems like such a good sweet kid, I'm a little jealous. Kailey is a good sweet kid, too; she is just high energy and free spirited :)

Congratulations on baby #2! I just saw it on your ticker.

Townsend said...

from a mommy that has two, One (olivia) that needs to stand UP to the Bullys and the the other (Liah)that can hit anyone that stands in her way, Be Proud and stand Proud.