Saturday, April 26, 2008

4:30 A.M.

The other morning at 4:30 A.M., Jeff and I were awakened by a little voice calling from down the hallway. DAAAAADDDDYYYYYY!!!!!! DAAAAAADDDDDDDDYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Jeff and I both moaned, rolled over, and pretended not to hear anything. Over the course of the next few minutes, the sweet little voice changed into a shriek, followed by a howl, and finally a sobbing scream. DAAAAAAAADDDDDYYYYY!!!!!!! NEED DAAAAAADDDDDYYYYYY!!!!!!

Jeff finally picked up his head and asked, "Do you have any idea what he wants?" I chuckled to myself and answered, "I would guess he wants you." Jeff rolled out of bed and stumbled down the hallway to see what the problem was. With one ear listening and the rest of me still asleep I hear him open Max bedroom door and get greeted with, "Hi Daddy, we play outside now?!" At this point I knew my services would not be needed and I quickly drifted back to dreamland.

Sometimes it is good to be the MOMMY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lori...i love it when they learn that one word...DADDY! it is great.
oh, and we are one week apart in due date land.

Erika said...

man, good job teaching him that one!

Holly said...

How funny. I wish that Max could've taught Kailey that trick while y'all were in town. She only ask for Joel doing the waking hours and when she is well.